Conveying Plastic Pellets with Fox Eductors
Fox Eductors have been used since 1963 to convey plastic pellets with no moving parts. They are primarily used to:
- Eliminate angelhair, streamers, and pellet degradation/damage caused by airlocks and unnecessarily high transport velocity.
- Enable quick-clean-outs when cross-contamination is a critical concern.
- Convey abrasive, glass-filled pellets without wear.
- Convey plastic regrind or chips reliably and without maintenance.
Typical applications include:
- Convey from Extruders – Fox eductors have been installed by hundreds of compounders to provide maintenance-free, easy-to-clean conveying from their extruders. Werner & Pfleiderer often install Fox eductor systems with their extruders when asked to include pellet transport systems with their turnkey installations.
- Silo Blending – Eductors provide a simple way to recirculate silo contents to achieve good homogeneity of product
- Convey from Screeners – Because Fox eductors require so little head-room, they can easily be placed under classifier and screener outlets to pickup, convey, and thereby reclaim product that previously was lost.
- Emptying Bins – Fox eductors can easily fit under bins and totes.
Eductors for Compounders
Because Fox has been providing eductors to compounders for almost forty years, we have developed a line of eductors specifically designed for compounders. These offer easy-to-clean internals, product inlet ports custom-built to mate perfectly to your existing equipment, and the option of ceramic-liners if handling abrasive or filled pellets.
For more information about Fox eductors for compounders, request Bulletin 336.