About Fox Venturi Products
Fox is a global leader in the design and manufacture of engineered venturi products for industrial, aerospace, and other applications. We are a privately owned small business founded in 1961.
To our facility is Newark/Liberty International (EWR)
Fox products can be divided into four major categories:
- Solids Conveying Venturi Eductor/Blower Systems for the pneumatic conveying of powders and bulk solids. These products are used to convey everything from apple bits to zircon sand in industries as diverse as food, cement, chemicals, power plants, and mines. These are available both as:
- Off the shelf, standard products
- Custom engineered systems
- Liquid and air-operated venturi eductors and ejectors for broad industrial applications: pumping, diluting, venting, evacuation, vacuum-generation
- Steam and Air Ejector Vacuum Systems, single and multi-stage, for creating vacuum in the food, power, chemical, paper, and other industries.
- Venturi flow control products, such as cavitating venturies, sonic chokes, and ΔP Venturi Flowmeters.
Manufacturing and Engineering Under One Roof
Fox operates from a 15,000 ft² manufacturing and engineering building located in Dover NJ, about 35 miles west of NYC.
Our highly flexible manufacturing facility can:
- Produce unique prototypes, and small quantities of development units quickly under our internal, engineering supervision.
- Use our CNC computer numerically controlled) lathes to make production quantities in batches of 50 to 3000 pieces.
- Integrate our conveying eductors into skid-mounted, neatly packaged pneumatic conveying systems, including blowers, coolers, hoppers, bends, etc. Fox ships over 300 blowers per year integrated into guaranteed eductor/blower conveying systems.
Lawrence Fox, President
Larry Fox has been managing Fox since 1978. Larry has been deeply involved in the design and engineering of Fox products for over 25 years:
- Managed the 1985-87 research project that solidified Fox‘s unique quantative understanding of how venturi eductors can be used in pneumatic conveying systems.
- Involved in numerous aerospace, fuel cell, and laser projects with our high-technology customers.
- BSE in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
Steve Westaway, Vice President
Steve Westaway has worked for Fox Valve since conducting a two year intensive research project into venturi eductors for pneumatic conveying in 1985-87 in the UK.
- Steve manages the Bulk Solids Group at Fox Valve and has 16+ years of sales and engineering management responsibilities.
- M.Phil. and BSc. in Mechanical Engineering, Thames Polytechnic, London, UK. (now University of Greenwich)
Louis O Decker, Consultant to Vacuum Process Group
It is with great sadness that we note the passing of our colleague, mentor and friend, Lou Decker, on Jan 5, 2020.
Our Company History
Fox Valve was founded in 1961 by Zola Fox, shown at left with an early American rocket engine in 1950, in Caldwell, NJ. Fox Valve was founded to provide highly engineered, custom-designed and manufactured venturi flow controls for liquid rocket engines, spacecraft, research, and demanding industrial applications. Almost forty years later, Fox Valve is still building highly engineered venturi products, such as the venturi flow control valves that regulated the flow of fuel and oxidizer to the three engines driving the 1/16th scale test version of the Space Shuttle shown being fired (shown below).
Fox Valve is now a leading global supplier of a broad range of venturi products for industry. We have created a standard line of venturi products for industrial users but the word ‘development’ is still part of our company name. We welcome applications that require critical engineering analysis, custom engineering, and in-house manufacturing. Our legacy as an aerospace company means we have the very highest standards for the equipment we build and ship. This is reflected in the brass liquid eductors we build for use in air conditioners, the skid-mounted steam ejector vacuum systems we build for refineries and food applications, the sanitary conveying systems we build for transporting milk powders, and all the other venturi products Fox supplies to dozens of industries including foundries, dairies, refineries, bakeries, plastic compounders, cement plants, mines, and NASA labs.
We look forward to hearing from you, whether your application is for an off-the-shelf PVC liquid eductor, a high vacuum package ejector system or for a custom-engineered venturi for a proprietary process your market is still unaware of.
Our mailing address is as follows:
Fox Valve Development Corp
85 Franklin Road
Dover, NJ 07801