Fox Differential Pressure (ΔP) Venturi Flowmeters
Fox has been manufacturing differential pressure venturi flowmeters for industrial, oil & gas, aerospace and research applications since 1961. Fox venturi meters are precision machined to meet customer requirements, with fast deliveries, superb quality, accurate flow calibrations, and with whatever quality documents are, or are not, necessary for your application. Customers can specify a required flow range, a maximum inlet-to-throat measured delta-P, or a specified throat diameter. End connections can be any thread, any flange, or any weld connection used by industry anywhere – inches or metric.
Fox venturi flow meters are often specified when overall pressure drop must be minimized. Unrecoverable pressure loss is typically about 10% of measured differential pressure, and since this inlet-to-throat DP at max flow can be specified to be as little as 25” WC (inches of water) or 50” WC or 2 psid – resulting pressure loss can be minimized to 2.5” WC or 5” WC or 0.2 psi.
Standard and Expedited Delivery
- Available line sizes: 1/2 inch to 8 inch
- Standard delivery of custom machined venturi: 5 – 6 weeks
- Expedite Level One: shipment in 2 – 3 weeks
- Expedite Level Two: shipment in 1 to 1.5 weeks
Materials of Construction
- Stainless, Alloy 20, NACE-certified 316 ss
- Monel, Hastelloy, Inconel and other nickel alloys
- Titanium, Aluminum, other alloys for flight hardware
- Naval bronze and similar seawater alloys
- Any machinable, commercially available metal
Available End and Pressure Connections
- Flanges; from 150# to 2500 #
- Threads – NPT, BSP, metric threads, AN for 37° flared tubing
- Tube fittings, stub ends for flareless swaging in place
- Weld prep: butt weld, orbital welding, socket weld
Temperature & Pressure Limitations
- Fox Venturi Flow meters for High Temperatures up to 2000° F
- Fox Venturi Flow meters for Cryogenic/ Low Temperature liquids & gases: Liquid helium, liquid hydrogen, liquid oxygen, etc.
- Fox Venturi Flow meters for High Pressures to 10,000 psig
Calibration / Accuracy Options
- NIST traceable flow calibrations to +/- 0.5%
Special Options for Fox Venturi Flowmeters
- Inlet and discharge pipe lengths included; to improve accuracy with built-in upstream and downstream piping, or to facilitate installation or calibration
- Quality provisions – Code welding, Radiography of welds, hydrostatic testing, passivation, oxygen cleaning
- Piezometric rings with multiple pressure taps for highly accurate inlet/throat pressure measurements
- Please request what you need!